Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council
Hill Stations are a great source of
relief from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives and give us a feel of
the paradise. The hill stations in India are very much noted for their cool
salubrious air and their stunning mountain scenery. The globe trotters visit
the hill stations for enjoying and getting refreshed by the rolling meadows
and serene ambience. Now who would say no to holidays in the hills?
Hill Stations in India are many:-
- In the picturesque district of Kumaon region in the East of
Uttaranchal in India lies the famous hill station of Almora...
- Badrinath is one of the most significant and holiest of the four main
shrines in India's char dham pilgrimage. The place is considered to be
the seat of Lord Vishnu..
- In the midst of a lush green setting lies the famous hill station of
- Chamba is not just the pride possession of the history books but today
it has become one of the most visited destinations of India.....
- Conoor is the first of the three hill stations of the Nilgiris that
provides the travellers with the panoramic view of the lush green hills,
vallleys and waterfalls......
- Carpeted in about every shade of green possible, wreathed over by a
gauzy stole of thin white mist- Coorg is not just a dream destination of
a travel agent but...............
- The clean fresh mountain air, the verdant hills and valleys and the
vast stretches of lush green tea gardens makes Darjeeling the queen of
all the hill stations of India....
- Till one sees Gangtok, one would believe that it exists only in the
picture- story books. This capital of Sikkim is small but has no dearth
of natural beauties........
- No noise, no pollution and no population- the hill station of Gulmarg
offers the tourists with all the ingredients of a peaceful life which
one craves for in the cities........
- Kalimpong is one of the most popular hill stations of India which
offers panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga .........
- The serene hill station of Kasauli is synonymous with peace and
tranquillity. It will help you rid your mind of its clutter and body of
- Khandala, endowed with breathtaking natural beauty, is one of the most
charming hill stations of Maharastra.. .....
- The Princess Of Hill Stations alias Kodaikanal is one of the three
picturesque hill stations of Tamil Nadu. Encompassed by verdant slopes
that are punctuated by tumultuous waterfalls........
- The Queen of the Blue Mountains-Ooty is one of the most popular
destinations in India.....
- The cinematically appealing lush greenery, the picturesque view of the
sunset and the aroma of the wet earth.......
- Rugged hills, steep and sudden falls, forests crowded with plant life
and rivers that flow in every way that they please.. ...
- Proud, snow- clad mountains, dense forests, emerald valleys, exotic
flowers and gurgling streams meandering through meadows- all these make
- Matheran is a hill station that was developed by the British as a
popular resort in order to beat the summer heat.....
- Set amidst hills carpeted with tea, orange and cardamom plantations,
Mirik is stunning, youngest and most sought after hill station of
Abu - It won't be wrong to call Mount Abu as an 'Oasis Of
Rajasthan' as it is a home to rivers, lakes, waterfalls and evergreen
forests. Since time immemorial Mount Abu has been the coolest spot in
the overheated Rajasthan and has helped rescue people from the burning
heat of the desert.....
- Mussoorie was the Queen Of the Hills the and is the Queen even now.
Her lustre and crown has remained unchanged with the changing
- Have you ever heard the sound of silence - if not then take an
interlude in the lap of nature, come to Nainital...............
- Panchgani is often talked in the same breath as its popular neighbour
Mahabaleshwar. This quiet and small hill station is a perfect place to
lose yourself to nature.....
- Bounded by dense forests of pine and cedar, Patnitop is one such hill
station which comes in the dreams of all those who love
- Shimla is blessed with all the natural bounties one can think of. When
it come to holidays in the hills, it is this name that strikes our
- It is really hard to bridle the poet in you when you conjure up the
images of Tawang.....
- Kerala still holds some surprises up her green sleeves.... one such
surprise is the captivating hill station of Wayanad..............
Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council, All Right Reserved
Any duplication of this site without prior permission is prohibited.