Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council
International Airlines in India
For last few years we are observing a
rapid growth in the Indian tourism industry and it is growing day by day. Of
course, a number of good policies from Indian government and proper
maintenance of the tourist destinations play a major to attract the global
tourists. But we can't deny the fact that international airlines have also
played a significant role in bringing tourists from all over the world to
India. In fact, international airlines are the only fastest mode of
transport to visit India or other parts of the globe. Every year millions of
travellers including business travellers come to India by different
international airlines. That's why we have seen the explosion in the number
of international airlines that fly to India. Following is a list of
International Airlines flying to India together with their highlights.
- The National Airline of Russia
- Currently operates flights to 87 destinations across 47 countries.
- Aeroflot covers around 10 destinations in Asia.
- In India this airlines flies to Delhi and Mumbai
- Aeroflot fleet boasts of several modern aircrafts.
- It holds the status of being the largest international scheduled
airline of UK.
- Moreover, it is also the second largest airline in Europe
- London Heathrow and London Gatwick are its most important hubs.
- British Airways emerged as a separate airlines altogether in 1974.
- British Airways presently flies close to 550 destinations of the
- It hold the credentials of having a fleet of modern aircrafts.
Cathay Pacific Airways
- Air France is one of the subsidiaries of world famous Air France KLM
- Air France was born out of the unification of five airlines.
- It had its inaugural flight in 1933.
- It has a fleet of around 340 aircrafts.
- It presently flies to around 200 destination across 88 countries in
- Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai are certain destinations where
Air France flies.
- Founded by American Roy C Farrell and Australian Sydney H De Kantzow
in 1946, Cathay Pacific Airways is an International Airline based in
- Cathay Pacific Airways offers scheduled cargo and passenger services
to over 90 destinations of the world.
- In India Cathay Pacific Airways flies to Delhi and Mumbai.
- It has a fleet of about 97 modern aircrafts.
- It is a national airline of United Arab Emirates and is based in Abu
- Established in 2003, it today flies to various destinations of the
Middle East, Europe, Asia and North America.
- In 2004 the Airways won the World's leading New Airline Award at the
11th World Travels Award in Barbados.
- In India Etihad Airways operates flights to Delhi, Mumbai,
Trivandrum, Bangalore and Chennai.
- Lufthansa, founded in January, 1926, is one of the important airlines
of the world.
- It is German Airline with its headquarters in Cologne.
- Lufthansa is the founding member of Star Alliance.
- It comprises a fleet of more than 400 aircrafts.
- In India Lufthansa flies to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai,Bangalore and
Virgin Atlantic Airways
- The national airline of Singapore originated in 1947.
- It covers approximately 90 destinations of the world.
- It is one of the four airlines of the world to receive a 5-star
rating by Skytrax, The leading Quality advisors to world airlines and
- It flies a couple of the world's longest non stop commercial flights
- to Los Angeles and New York respectively.
- It was early known as Malayan Airways.
- Singapore Airlines has one of the most modern and youngest fleets of
- In India, Singapore Airlines flies to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata
Thai Airways International
- It is a private airlines run by Richard Branson's Virgin Group.
- Its main base is London Heathrow.
- It was the first airline to offer individual TVs to their business
- Virgin Atlantic has one of the youngest fleets in the world.
- In India, Virgin Atlantic flies to Delhi and Mumbai.
Sri Lankan Airlines
- The national airline of Thailand came into being in 1960 as a result
of the joint venture between Thailand's domestic airline Thai Airways
Company and Scandinavian Airlines System.
- It operates domestic, regional and international flights to many
destinations of the world.
- The main hub of Thai Airways International is Bangkok International
- It started its intercontinental services in 1971.
- The airlines hold a fleet of around 90 aircrafts.
- In India, it flies to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,
Chennai and Bangalore.
- It is the national airline of Sri Lanka
- Established in 1978, it was initially known as Air Lanka.
- It flies to around 49 destinations across Asia and Europe.
- In India, it flies to Delhi, Mumbai,Bangalore, Kochi, Hyderabad and
- It is Canada's largest domestic and international airlines.
- t is a wholly owned subsidiary of ACE Aviation Holdings Inc.
- In 1987 Air Canada became the first airline in the world to have a
fleet-wide non-smoking policy.
- It became completely privatized in 1989.
- It runs a combined fleet of around 322 aircrafts.
- Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance.
- In India, Air Canada flies to Delhi
Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council, All Right Reserved
Any duplication of this site without prior permission is prohibited.