Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council
Do's and Don'ts of Travel
Travelling brings with itself some of
the most enriching and fascinating experiences . However by adhering to the
general travel tips one can make a trip to any place a memorable and
General Travel Tips-
- Read as much as possible about the place where you plan to travel.
Because knowing about a country's history, culture, customs, laws and
politics can make your stay more meaningful. Remember while in a
different place you are subject to its laws.
- Make sure you have a signed, valid passport and visas, if required,
and also don't forget to fill in your emergency information page of your
passport. Beware of the passport that is about to expire.
- Keep the track of climate of the place you are planning to visit
because climate in different areas are complicated. It is better you
decide to travel to a place according to the weather that suits you the
- Try to avoid conspicuous clothing and expensive jewelery together
with excessive amount of money. Take clothes according to the weather
prevalent in the area where you plan to travel.
- One should not forget to carry an updated map of the place you are
willing to travel.
- Carry a first aid box to face any unprecedented emergencies, also
take your personal regular medicines, in case of its unavailability in
the place you are visiting.
- One should pack essentials like food in tins or packets.
- Make the flight Reservations beforehand to avoid any sort of problem
later and order for special meals if you have any food restriction.
- Also make the hotel reservations in advance, especially if you are
travelling to a place in the peak season. Also make sure if they free
and secure transportation to/from the airport.
- If you are travelling to some snowy or rainy regions then don't miss
the rain - protective boots.
- Try to travel light so that you are able to move freehanded and
giving greater scope to shopping.
- For trekking enthusiasts it is essential to carry a runsack.
- Check if any vaccinations are required to travel to the place of your
choice. Standard hygiene varies from place to place so the travellers
should be aware of the potential hazards and acts cautiously. Try to
avoid going to the place that has been inhabited by any epidemic.
- Respect the religious sentiments and culture of the land you are
- If possible hire a local guide for the destination who are going to.
This would help you to move around every nook and corner of the place
freely and with great ease.
- Try to adhere by the laws of the land where you are visiting, no
matter how so ever harsh they may turn out to be.
Indian Tour Operators Promotion Council, All Right Reserved
Any duplication of this site without prior permission is prohibited.